Key takeaways from the ATKearney FDI Confidence Index 2005:
- India joins China at the center of the FDI radar screen. It also replaces the US as the 2nd most attractive FDI location.
- China dwarfs India in FDI, partly because China attracts more capital-intensive functions.
- Investor enthusiasm for China and India is at an all-time high.
- FDI prospects dim for Western Europe.
- Investment confidence soars for Eastern Europe.
- IT and contact centers remain the highest areas for corporate offshoring.
- Investors see diminished Macro risks, but growing Micro risks.